Sunday 25 January 2015

Review: Moon Boutik- Marina Maxi Dress

Being a dedicated abaya gal, I rarely go for maxi dresses; although technically speaking abayas do kind of count as maxi dresses? Yes? No? Maybe? I always find it easier sticking with abayas, as you are guaranteed the perfect fit without having to fuss whether something is too clingy or transparent. However, a while ago, when I was shopping for holiday essentials,  I saw this gorgeous all in one top and skirt look by Moon Boutik and thought how fabulous it would look with some large oversized sunnies, a bright scarf and golden tan on holiday in sunny side Rabat.  

The dress consists of a stripey black and white top with an elasticated attached skirt, which is- available in 6 different colours. I have to admit I wasn't too keen on the whole elasticated waistband or the fact that the dress was only available in one for all size. Elasticated waistbands are great for cinching you in at the waist, but unfortunately the same effect is not always achieved elsewhere- aka upside down muffin tops. But admits these concerns, I decided to go for the standard black Marina dress, as holidaying in Rabat did not seem the same with an alternative.    

 
   
Once I received the dress, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. The elasticated waistband did not resemble over risen baked goods, but sat comfortably on the waist, allowing the soft chiffon of the skirt to flow naturally. The top was very soft and made from a stretchy cotton with cuffs on the sleeves. The material of the dress makes it perfect all year around, you can layer up in winter with cardigans and woolly ponchos finished off with some suede wedge boots, or keep it very minimalist for a summer with just a bright handbag and gladiator flats. It's a really versatile piece of clothing that you can dress up or down.   


What I love most about it is probably the chiffon material for the skirt (yes it is fully lined!), which makes it uber flowy and perfect for convenient swishing around in cornfields and orchards. Since the dress is one for all size, I did have to get it shortened, as it was far too long even for wading through fields. But apart from the length, the fitting was perfect and just what I was hoping for!  

Ahoy there! Now where is my boat?
The only downfall I would have to say is the sizing. It would be great if they branched out a little in terms of sizing, so it would accommodate all sizes and shapes. I can't see how one size could really fit all! Even having S, M and L would be a lot better. But overall, I am impressed with the quality and style of this piece.
 Heads up: It's actually reduced at the moment from £27.99 to £24.99, so I would definitely recommend snapping it up!

1 comment :

  1. Your blog is full of entertainment and helpful information that can allure to anyone anytime. Continue posting! maxi dresses

    ReplyDelete