Sunday 23 July 2017

Localtrotting: Picnic in the Park

There is no easy way to say this, but I am truly, utterly and wholeheartedly ashamed of my blogging writing habits. I really don't know how to justify the absence of posts over the last three months; however, the lack of exciting content is certainly not the case, I assure you! I put it down to discipline and self-control, something I am currently reading up on, which may be able to account for this post in particular! 

So much has happened over the last year, so we have a lot to catch up on. But the best way I see this working is recounting recent events and working backwards (let's hope I've finished reading The Marshmallow Test by then to see this ambitious goal put into practice).

As part of my Eid gift stash (A one-month late Eid Mubarak! Better late than never, hey?), my parents and brothers gifted me with the most precious picnic basket ever. Now, if you've read my previous posts, you'll know I adore all things vintage, dainty and quaint, with a nod to quintessential English countrysides and cottages, so when I peeked through the packaging and saw the beautiful ash willow, I knew for certain that my picnicking-in-style-dreams had finally come true! 



With the weather incredibly bright and breezy over the last few weeks, I've been itching to take this beauty out on a spin, so the husband and I packed a noticeably healthy and hearty picnic, with salad, olives, ciabatta bread and hummus all without a samosa in sight and decided to enjoy the outdoors at a nearby park earlier in the week.


Say no more to plastic plates and cutlery, this hamper elevates the humble picnic and advocates for dining alfresco in style! 






















The experience of packing and eating from a picnic basket is something I thoroughly enjoyed. Can't wait for our next glamnic venture – once you've savoured the hamper life, there's no turning back! Yes, there is that extra effort in carrying the hamper (which can be tactfully allocated to husbands, brothers, dads or uncles!), cleaning and clearing away the plates and glasses afterwardss, but why not? For a picnic and day out as stylish and comforting as this, it is so totally worth it!!

1 comment :

  1. A really well-written and fun read. Looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete